Miss a day, miss a lot. Subscribe to The Defender's Top News of the Day. It's free.
This week, Mary Holland, Children’s Health Defense president, and Polly Tommey, co-producer of “Vaxxed,” covered the latest headlines on COVID-19, Big Pharma and other issues, including news that the latest data from the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System, or VAERS, include more than 8,000 new COVID-19 vaccine injuries.
Polly and Mary also discussed a newspaper report that a 36-year-old U.K. woman died 11 days after her Pfizer vaccine.
Plus, several top U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) officials said Americans should accept the circulation of COVID-19 as we do influenza.
Also on tap this week: Vaccines are big business: Moderna reported $5.9 billion in revenue in one quarter.
More of this week’s highlights:
- Dr. Robert Jackson said in his 35 years of practicing medicine, he has never seen anything like this — 40% of vaccinated patients in his practice reported a COVID-19 vaccine injury, and 5% are still injured. “This is a brilliant article,” said Polly.
- A study of 23 million people showed risk of myocarditis after COVID-19 vaccines.
- A new study based on Moderna’s clinical trial data suggests recipients of Moderna’s COVID-19 vaccine may be more likely to suffer repeated infections, perhaps indefinitely. “I would really urge people to read this article,” said Mary.
- The FDA put strict limits on Johnson & Johnson’s COVID-19 vaccine, citing the risk of blood clotting, but experts say the Pfizer and Moderna shots pose similar risks. “The notion that this is only the Johnson & Johnson COVID vaccine is ridiculous,” said Mary.
- A judge found 1st Lt. Mark Bashaw guilty of refusing to comply with COVID-19 testing and masking requirements but recommended no additional punishment.
- Here’s why 23 lawsuits are challenging the military’s vaccine mandate. “This is another fantastic article,” said Mary. “This is truly a fraud against people in the military.”
- A cardiologist estimated 30% of U.S. pilots may have COVID-19 vaccine-induced heart conditions. One pilot said, ‘I will never fly again.’ “There is a catastrophe that is going to happen here, sadly,” said Mary.
- Scientists are developing nose spray vaccines for COVID-19 variants. “What could possibly go wrong?” asked Polly.
- Responding to reports of patients relapsing after completing a five-day course of Paxlovid, the Pfizer CEO suggested patients just take more of the medication, prompting a rebuke from an FDA official.
- U.S. health officials restated their recommendation that Americans wear masks on planes, trains and buses.
- In the U.K., health chiefs are questioning whether dogs may be causing hepatitis outbreaks in children. “The most ridiculous article of the year,” said Polly.
- The Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services approved the release of several billion more genetically engineered mosquitoes.
- A California bill threatens to strip doctors of their medical licenses if they express medical views the state designates as misinformation or disinformation related to COVID-19.
- A California bill allowing children ages 12 and up to be vaccinated without parental consent may become law.
- CHD California Chapter and PERK scored two important medical freedom victories for California schoolchildren and their parents. “This is super exciting,” said Mary. “Kudos to our team working on this.”
- In a letter to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, 20 state attorneys general demanded the department immediately disband the Disinformation Governance Board and “cease all efforts to police Americans’ protected speech.” “I am thrilled to see this,” said Mary. “This is great news.”
Watch “This Week” with Mary + Polly: