Miss a day, miss a lot. Subscribe to The Defender's Top News of the Day. It's free.
This week, Mary Holland, Children’s Health Defense (CHD) president, and Polly Tommey, CHD.TV programming manager, covered the latest headlines on COVID-19, Big Pharma and other issues, including news that Pfizer’s annual revenue is expected to reach $101.3 billion in 2022, thanks to its COVID-19 vaccine, which doesn’t prevent infection or spread, and Paxlovid, an ineffective and dangerous COVID-19 antiviral that causes the virus to rebound.
Polly and Mary also discussed that Moderna has reported an earnings miss due to decreased demand for vaccines and issues that slowed down the production of COVID-19 vaccines.
Plus, Pfizer officials bragged about moving vaccine science forward at a speed that made it impossible to follow proper scientific protocols — then Pfizer and other COVID-19 vaccine makers hid side effects by eliminating the control groups long before the studies were over.
Also on tap this week: Two specific microRNAs have been found in people who got the COVID-19 vaccine. These microRNAs interfere with a key part of your immune system, which can make you more prone to infection and chronic disease.
More of this week’s highlights:
- Results from a recent Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) report suggest the COVID-19 bivalent booster does little more than restore protection levels to pre-vaccination levels. “This is if you even survive the vaccine,” said Polly.
- Pfizer asked U.S. regulators to authorize its updated COVID-19 vaccine for children under age 5 — not as a booster but as part of their initial shots. “This is absolutely an experiment on the human population,” said Mary.
- Pfizer Chief Executive Officer Albert Bourla has once again declined to testify before the European Parliament’s special COVID-19 committee. “The fact that they don’t want to answer questions should really concern people,” said Mary.
- In the United Kingdom, authorization has been granted for the Pfizer/BioNTech Comirnaty COVID-19 vaccine for use in infants and children ages 6 months to 4 years. “This is tragic news for the U.K.,” said Polly.
- Britain will face a “prolonged period” of excess deaths due to the pandemic — but not from coronavirus itself, Sir Chris Whitty and the government’s top virus advisers said. “I’m not buying this,” said Polly.
- A recent Washington Post headline about vaccinated Americans comprising the majority of COVID-19 deaths has been shared widely on social media to suggest that getting vaccinated is worthless. “This would be funny if it were not so tragic,” said Mary.
- A federal appeals court last week unanimously upheld an injunction prohibiting the U.S. Air Force from punishing or terminating service members with religious objections to the COVID-19 vaccine. The ruling comes amid growing opposition to the military’s vaccine mandate by legislators. “This is fantastic news,” said Mary. “The political winds are shifting here.”
- A successful Freedom of Information Act lawsuit forced the National Institutes of Health to release unredacted emails that provide “damning evidence” Dr. Anthony Fauci deliberately shut down public debate about the origins of COVID-19.
- Attorneys for CHD sued California Attorney General Rob Bonta and the Osteopathic Medical Board of California over California’s new law that subjects the state’s doctors to discipline for sharing “misinformation” or “disinformation” about COVID-19 with their patients. “This is absolutely a violation of several amendments,” said Mary.
- The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and CDC will provide $1 million in grant funding to develop “a “public health tool” to predict vaccine “misinformation trends.”
- CHD and three other organizations seek open public access to critical sworn depositions and documents already produced on behalf of plaintiffs in a lawsuit alleging the federal government colluded with several Big Tech firms to censor COVID-19-related content on social media. “This is right out of Orwell’s ‘1984’ and it has no place in the United States,” said Mary.
- Reacting to the announcement that Google and YouTube will fund a global fact-checking network through media institute Poynter, media expert Mark Crispin Miller, Ph.D., said, “This is grotesque — almost to the point of comedy, except it’s not funny.”
- Following a series of consultations with global experts, the World Health Organization will begin using a new preferred term “mpox” as a synonym for monkeypox. Both names will be used simultaneously for one year while “monkeypox” is phased out.
- After many months of resisting the Dutch government’s attempts to take away farmers’ land and euthanize their livestock to meet their arbitrary climate goals, The Netherlands government has announced that they will forcibly be sequestered upward of 3,000 farms in the country. “We will do more on this,” said Polly. “It is important.”
- Before the mid-’90s, Will Harris ran White Oak Pastures the way his father and most other farmers in the country had — “as a very linear, monocultural cattle operation.” In an interview with Joe Rogan, Harris explained how and why he converted his 3,000-acre farm to a “kinder, gentler agriculture.” “This article is about solutions,” said Polly.
- Girls and young women experiencing complications from Merck’s Gardasil HPV vaccine show symptoms and biological markers of autoimmune conditions, according to a new study published in The Journal of Autoimmunity. “This is the largest study to date,” said Mary.
- Next time you’re at airport security, get ready to look straight into a camera. The TSA wants to analyze your face. “We have to stand firm on this and say no,” said Polly.
- A bipartisan group of 10 U.S. lawmakers is demanding answers from Fauci about taxpayer-backed “outdated, unnecessary, and cruel” medical experiments on dogs. “There are no words for how disgusting this is,” said Polly.
- A study published in Chemosphere adds to the growing body of research demonstrating the endocrine-disrupting effects of glyphosate in breast cancer development.
- Don’t miss your favorite CHD.TV shows. Sign up for text alerts.
- Donate to support CHD’s efforts.
“This Week” with Mary + Polly is on Spotify. Listen here.
Watch “This Week” with Mary + Polly: