Miss a day, miss a lot. Subscribe to The Defender's Top News of the Day. It's free.
This week, Mary Holland, Children’s Health Defense president, and Polly Tommey, co-producer of “Vaxxed,” covered the latest headlines on COVID-19, Big Pharma and other issues, including the latest monkeypox news.
They discussed the news that COVID-19 shots for babies and young children were granted Emergency Use Authorization last week. Low turnout rates at vaccine centers around the country showed parents are not convinced their kids need the vaccine. The Biden Administration has released an ad campaign to address parents’ hesitancy.
Plus, the case reports included in Pfizer clinical trial documents reveal a trend of classifying almost all adverse events — and in particular severe adverse events — as “not related” to the vaccine.
Also on tap this week: The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) admitted it never analyzed the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS) for safety signals for COVID-19 vaccines.
More of this week’s highlights:
- COVID-19 vaccination is not associated with an increased risk of heart attack or stroke in patients with established cardiovascular disease, according to a study published in Cardiovascular Research. “This is weird,” said Polly.
- The authors of a study that showed Pfizer’s COVID-19 vaccine reduces sperm quality concluded the reduction was temporary, but others who examined the data behind the study questioned that assertion. “This is really disturbing,” said Mary. “You have to wonder what is going to happen.”
- The latest tragedy: Sudden Adult Death Syndrome. “Another disturbing article,” said Polly.
- The “Future Framework,” a scheme that would allow Pfizer and Moderna to “reformulate” COVID-19 mRNA vaccines in perpetuity without conducting additional clinical trials, comes from the World Health Organization (WHO). The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation is the biggest voluntary contributor to the WHO, so Gates likely has a hand in the scheme.
- A nonprofit group is suing the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in an effort to obtain documents related to the approval of Moderna’s Spikevax COVID-19 vaccine after the agency told the group there was “no compelling need” to expedite the release of the documents. “This is fantastic news,” said Mary.
- President Joe Biden said the government needs money because “there’s going to be another pandemic.”
- The monkeypox outbreak in the U.S. is bigger than the CDC reports. Researchers investigating the virus said it appears to have mutated at an unprecedented rate — much quicker than experts initially predicted.
- The WHO said monkeypox isn’t a international public health emergency “at present.”
- The World Health Network published a declaration urging immediate and effective action from national and global health authorities to prevent monkeypox from becoming a disaster.
- Low polio vaccination coverage among teenagers risks the re-emergence of virulent polio infection in the U.K. British health officials are urging the public to ensure polio vaccines are up to date after the virus was discovered during routine London sewage testing.
- The WHO in 2020 granted Emergency Use Listing to a novel oral polio vaccine developed by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. The vaccine is designed to treat type 2 vaccine-derived poliovirus — the same type of polio identified in the U.K.’s first polio outbreak in 40 years. “It is extraordinary,” said Mary. “You can’t make it up.”
- Moderna announced plans to open its first vaccine factory in the U.K.
- The U.S. Army may push the June 30 deadline for compliance with the military’s COVID-19 vaccine mandate far into the future — but will not announce the date change until closer to, or even after, the upcoming deadline.
- A U.S. Air Force pilot faces discharge after refusing the COVID-19 vaccine.
- Food riot risks rise as the head of the food-aid branch of the United Nations (U.N.) halved meal rations for refugees. There is a “real risk” of multiple famines this year, U.N. chief Antonio Guterres said.
- A transition to cultured meat, made from animal cells grown in a petri dish, is one of The Great Reset goals for the global food industry. The aim is to control populations by creating dependence on private companies that control the food supply. “This is so disgusting,” said Polly.
- Austria will scrap COVID-19 vaccination mandates.
- The CDC helped develop a new technology to fluoridate an additional 19+ million Americans, which will eventually expand to Canadians, Australians and likely others. “This is disturbing news,” said Polly.
- The 9th Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals overturned the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s decision that glyphosate is safe for humans and wildlife, and ordered the agency to reassess the chemical’s risks.
- Watch the new documentary “Infertility: A Diabolical Agenda” here. It is now available in various languages. “Everyone has to see this,” said Polly.
- Don’t miss your favorite CHD.TV shows including The People’s Testaments. Sign up for text reminders!
“This Week” with Mary + Polly is now on Spotify. Listen here.
Watch “This Week” with Mary + Polly: