Miss a day, miss a lot. Subscribe to The Defender's Top News of the Day. It's free.
This week, Mary Holland, Children’s Health Defense president, and Polly Tommey, co-producer of “Vaxxed,” covered the latest headlines on COVID-19, Big Pharma and other issues, including the latest monkeypox news.
Also on tap this week: Members of Congress demanded answers from FDA Commissioner Dr. Robert M. Califf as the agency reviews Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) for COVID-19 shots in children age 5 and under.
More of this week’s highlights:
- Healthy young people are dying suddenly and unexpectedly from Sudden Adult Death Syndrome (SADS), leaving doctors baffled. “People have to wake up,” said Mary. “This is not normal.”
- Studies suggest a link between COVID-19 vaccines and a rapidly progressing, incurable, fatal prion disease known as Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease. “This is absolutely a tragedy,” said Mary.
- A 40-year-old man injured by a COVID-19 vaccine is among the first in Canada to receive compensation. “Another example of severe injury,” said Polly.
- A survey of 300,000 people who didn’t get the COVID-19 vaccine revealed the unvaccinated didn’t place a disproportionate burden on health systems — in fact, they experienced very low rates of both hospitalization and severe COVID-19.
- The FDA’s advisory committee voted unanimously to recommend Novavax’s COVID-19 vaccine for use in the U.S. Doctors hope that Novavax’s more traditional vaccine method could combat hesitancy.
- The World Health Organization (WHO) director reported 1,000 cases of monkeypox and warned of transmission. “Buckle up,” said Mary.
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention scrubbed a recommendation from its website that U.S. travelers wear masks to protect against monkeypox. Meanwhile, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services doubled its order for monkeypox vaccines. “This is a bit embarrassing,” said Polly.
- Emory University is participating in a Phase 1 clinical trial to evaluate the use of mRNA technology in HIV vaccines for the first time in humans. “This is interesting,” said Mary.
- As self-spreading vaccine technology moves forward, dialogue about its risks should follow. “I was really happy to see this article,” said Mary.
- Bill Gates said the world “got lucky” with COVID-19 and that it could have been worse. “No thank you, Bill Gates,” said Polly.
- The New York Times — once the gold standard for America’s free press — has devolved into a propaganda tool for the World Economic Forum’s Great Reset narrative. “This is a very important and helpful article,” said Mary.
- Mobile vaccination startup Vaxi Taxi delivers vaccines to rural communities. “It shows it is all about the money,” said Mary.
- Researchers estimated close to half of all new brand-name prescription drugs launched in the U.S. in 2020 and 2021 came with an original price tag of at least $150,000 a year. “Pharma is out of control,” said Mary.
- Apps are violating kids’ privacy and spying on them. “This should shock you,” said Mary.
- Digital rights advocates cautiously welcomed the news that congressional lawmakers agreed to advance a bipartisan, bicameral data privacy bill while reaffirming the need for antitrust legislation to truly tackle Big Tech monopoly abuses.
- A new report prepared by the World Council for Health confirmed that data on adverse drug reactions from the experimental COVID-19 vaccines exist in an amount sufficient for the recall of similar products in the past. “This is a fantastic piece,” said Mary.
- Africa unites against the WHO power grab by launching the African Sovereignty Coalition.
- Tell your lawmakers to stop the FDA from granting EUAs for COVID-19 vaccines in babies and children. Send them Robert F. Kennedy, Jr.’s letter to the FDA’s Vaccines and Related Biological Products Advisory Committee.
- Don’t miss your favorite CHD.TV shows. Sign up for text reminders!
- Watch the new documentary “Infertility: A Diabolical Agenda” here.
“This Week” with Mary + Polly is now on Spotify. Listen here.
Watch “This Week” with Mary + Polly: