Miss a day, miss a lot. Subscribe to The Defender's Top News of the Day. It's free.
This week, Mary Holland, Children’s Health Defense (CHD) president, and Polly Tommey, co-producer of “Vaxxed,” cover the latest COVID headlines, including the latest Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System data on injuries — now more than 1 million — reported after COVID vaccines.
Polly and Mary also discussed a recent article by Dr. Robert Malone, one of the developers of mRNA technology, and news that YouTube and Twitter removed Joe Rogan’s three-hour interview with Malone on the severity of vaccine mandates.
Also on tap this week: The Lancet reports that 89% of new COVID cases in the U.K. were among those who are fully vaccinated. Plus, a video detailing Pfizer’s own six-month report on the data on its COVID vaccine shows greater illness and death occurred in those who got the inoculation versus those who got the placebo.
Here are more of this week’s highlights:
- Dr. Rochelle Walensky, director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), said it’s unclear if rapid antigen tests provide useful information later in the infection period. After Dec. 31, 2021, the CDC will withdraw the request to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration for Emergency Use Authorization of the CDC 2019-Novel Coronavirus Real-Time RT-PCR Diagnostic Panel. “I took this as these tests don’t work,” said Polly.
- Premier League players are concerned that recent on-field heart problems are a possible consequence of taking the COVID vaccine. “It’s starting to crumble again,” said Polly.
- A disturbing video shows young athletes suffering from cardiac arrest and death while playing their sport. “It’s terrifying, it’s heartbreaking,” said Polly.
- The world’s first documented case of “flurona,” or simultaneous infections of COVID and influenza viruses, has been recorded in Israel.”I have a feeling we will be seeing more of this,” said Polly.
- In the United Arab Emirates, unvaccinated citizens will be banned from traveling abroad starting Jan. 10.
- New data released by the German government found the Omicron variant has been overwhelmingly infecting fully vaccinated people, including those who have received a booster shot. “Further evidence that the vaccine is not effective,” said Mary.
- In Gurgaon, India, 13 more cases of Omicron variant were confirmed. All cases are among the fully vaccinated.
- Ecuador announced the COVID vaccine will be mandatory for most citizens, saying the measure is needed because of a rise in infections and the spread of variants such as Omicron.
- Australian Premier Mark McGowan publicly shamed those who are unvaccinated or refusing to get tested.
- People who are medically allowed to get a COVID vaccine but refuse to do so are “idiots,” former UK prime minister Tony Blair said. “I do think this level of vilification is pretty new,” said Mary. “These people are mad we are not taking their medicine.”
- Ministers in England are planning to send door-to-door teams armed with COVID vaccines to the homes of unvaccinated people to reach the estimated 5 million people yet to be vaccinated.
- New York City will give $100 to all New Yorkers who receive boosters, Mayor Bill de Blasio announced.
- Mary and Polly shared a video showing a child and mother in a restaurant in New York who are told by NYPD to exit the restaurant because they don’t have a vaccine card. “This is close to home” said Polly. “It sent shivers down my spine.”
- Flu cases are on the rise again in the U.S. after reaching an all-time low last year. “This is the start of pushing flu shots,” said Polly.
- Is Biden going to require vaccines to fly domestically? He said he will issue an edict requiring vaccines for domestic travel if his scientific advisers recommend it. “This would be insane,” said Mary.
- Epoch Times published an excellent article about the attack on public health, coordinated by Dr. Anthony Fauci and Dr. Francis Collins, recently retired director of the National Institutes of Health.
- This video shows Frank McGeorge encouraging the autism community to get vaccinated. “This is a very disturbing video,” said Polly.
- Archbishop Carlo Maria Viganò issued a letter to the U.S. about what he sees as a conspiracy underlying the handling of COVID.
- Falsifying a COVID vaccine card is now a class A misdemeanor in New York, and tampering with computer records related to vaccinations is now a class E felony.
- The U.S.Army is wrapping up early clinical trials on a vaccine it hopes will target all existing coronavirus variants.“There is a long history of medical experiments in the military,” said Mary.
- Navy SEALS achieved a stunning victory in America’s fight against vaccine mandates.“Great news for the military,” said Mary. “This is very exciting.”
- A federal judge in Texas blocked President Biden’s vaccine and mask mandates for the Head Start program, ruling the Biden administration “cannot act without Congressional authorization.”
- In his book, “Underestimated: An Autism Miracle,” and on his blog, JB Handley tells the miraculous story of his son’s ability to communicate. “It is a fantastic book,” said Mary. “It’s incredibly beautiful.”
- A sheep owner in Germany arranged her animals in the shape of a giant syringe in a stab at convincing her compatriots to get vaccinated. “The most stupid article of the week,” said Polly. “The world has gone insane.”
Watch “This Week” with Mary + Polly: